With our taste buds still tingling from last weekend’s Exeter Food Festival, we are still in the mood to celebrate all things food! If you’re feeling inspired too, here’s a little treat for you. Reed Hall Chef Andy shows you how to add an exciting twist to a traditional tuna steak.
The Chefs at Reed Hall, Exeter share a keen passion for fine dining. Attend any event at Reed Hall and the evidence is there. Be it a wedding, gala dinner, Charity ball or a simple conference buffet, you can bet your bottom dollar you will always be well fed.
Fancy Cooking Up A Storm?
If you’re looking to hold a function in Exeter and food is a top priority, then look no further. Here at Reed Hall we have a variety of menus to suit all dining options.
Fish dishes are a regular feature on our functions dining menu and are a popular choice with guests. Admittedly not a typical West Country dish, but a firm favourite, pan-seared Cantonese Style Tuna is a dish that you yourself can prepare in the comfort of your own home too.
Andy In Action
Over To You
4 x tuna steak
15ml soy sauce
15ml sesame oil
15ml sherry/rice wine
4 x spring onions
2 x pak choi
50g bean sprouts
5g chopped garlic
5g sliced ginger
½ red chilli sliced
Coriander and sesame seeds to garnish
- chop garlic, ginger and chilli
- slice spring onions and pak choi lengthways
- warm the griddle pan with a little oil
- place tuna in the pan when hot enough
- in a wok add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chilli and stirfry
- add the spring onion and beansprout cook for 1 minute
- add the sherry and cook out
- add the pak choi and a dash of soy sauce
- once cooked serve in a bowl with a good serving of the stir fry on top of the tuna
How Was It For You?
Your Event With Us
If this has given you an appetite for more, then come along to Reed Hall and find out more. And if you’re looking to hold an event in Exeter then please get in touch. All of our dining menus can be adapted for your event, no matter how big or small.